Welcome to the Bob Brader Blog!
This blog scares the Hell out of me! However, I have been trying to battle as many fears as I possibly can.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Spitting In The Face Of The Devil




In this daring, uplifting and comedic monologue, Bob Brader tells the gripping true story of discovering that his charismatic ex-Marine father is a pedophile. Hailed by New York critics as "brilliant", "brave" and "unforgettable". The Beat Arts in London called it "Eighty minutes of brilliance!", "Down to earth masterful storytelling" and named it "Best Show of the London Fringe". Most recently it won "Best Script" in the inaugural United Solo Theatre Festival in New York City.

I am very proud of this show, it was hard to write, but empowering to perform. I wrote the show and it was directed and developed by Suzanne Bachner. Suzanne was amazing in putting this show together. She helped me dig deeper then I ever thought I could go. She is the greatest partner and friend anyone could ever ask for! We have traveled all over with Spitting In The Face Of The Devil, and we have even been able to raise a little money for a few Child Abuse Prevention Organizations. Prevent Child Abuse-NJ, Little Warriors and Woman's Community House have worked with us, to create as much awareness on this issue as we can. This year we will be traveling to Fresno, CA for The Rogue Festival and Canada for The Calgary Fringe Festival and The Victoria Fringe. I will be listing dates and times very soon!